Pregnancy over 40
After years of struggling with infertility and miscarriage, I finally conceived my daughter. I had a perfectly normal pregnancy and a perfectly normal delivery at the age of 44. But I have to admit, I was scared out of my mind. I guess I was overeducated on the subject of "pregnancy over 40". Unfortunately, there is so much negative information out there that I was sure I was going to have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, premature delivery or a c-section. Even if my pregnancy made it all the way through, I was petrified of having a baby with chromosomal abnormalities, birth defects, or some other horrific abnormality.
Isn''t that a shame? I spent so many years trying to get pregnant and when I finally succeeded, I was gripped with terror the entire time. My well-meaning doctors didn''t help matters any. I had numerous ultrasounds, consultations with perinatologists, and I was monitored out the "ying yang"! As hard as they tried, they just couldn''t find anything wrong. Much to everyone''s surprise, I was just another normal pregnant women who just happened to be 44!
The moral of the story? Be as healthy as you can be. Getting pregnant over the age of 40, can be a perfectly normal and healthy experience. The same good advice applies to women of all ages. Eat well, watch your weight, drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest. Oh, by the way, be careful what you read!
Sandy Robertson is the author of "You Can Get Pregnant Over 40, Naturally". She is a stay-at-home mom who writes and teaches part-time at a local community college. She has run a support group for her local infertility organization and continues to speak to women and couples struggling with infertility and miscarriage.
◦ How to Make a Test-Tube Baby◦ Birth Defects, Miscarriages & Infertility◦ Handling Infertility TogetherFemale Infertility
◦ Female Infertility◦ Pregnancy over 40◦ Female Hormone ProblemMale Infertility
◦ Physical & Emotional Implications◦ Viagra Breaks the Impotency Barrier◦ Male Fertility - 11 Essential Supplements◦ Male Infertility - Goji upInfertility Treatments
◦ Acupuncture for Infertility◦ NaProTechnology vs InVitro Fertilization◦ Improve your Fertility◦ Herbal Remedy for Infertility◦ All About IVF◦ Available Impotence treatment◦ Choosing Infertility TreatmentsInfertility Resources
◦ Infertility Books◦ Latest Infertility News◦ Infertility BlogSite MapGood Health MattersBOOKS
Become Pregnant. I Thought I Was Infertile Now I Have 2 Beautiful Children, Naturally Conceived. You Can Too.
Doctors 9 Year Personal Research Shows Amazing Results To Overcoming Infertility. This E Book Is The Most Concise Around. Covering All Aspects Of Infertility Plus Holistic Remedies And My Secret Actions That You Should Do To Fall Pregnant.
The Fertility Plan. A Complete Guide To Overcome Infertility Naturally.
copyright Joseph C Green © 2006 http://good-health-matters.com